Monday, June 17, 2013

Galveston!

Since I am so good at posting ;) I thought I would do a half way post to ease the load because a lot is happening this month.

Towards the beginning of the month we had an awesome vacation in Galveston with David's brother and his family. Alex (David's brother) works in the hotel industry so he got us the hookups to stay at the Hotel Galvez for an awesome rate. The hotel itself was full of history, including a living through a couple hurricanes, having been there serving their guests since 1911. What I thought was the best part about the hotel was the fact that it was right across the street from the beach. I felt right at home. It was like living at the Bus Stop house all over again, just better and it came with housekeeping :)

We had a fabulous time just playing at the beach, hanging at the pool and getting into shenanigans :) One of my favorite shenanigans was renting paddle boards and just going for it. I (having lived on an island for a couple years) knew how to paddle board but for everyone else they had a new fun experience. It was fun watching everyone try and pretty much succeed. Had it not been such rough water I think everyone would have been pretty good at it. Jordan (Alex and Jackie's oldest son) was at it for hours and was having a blast.

Alex and Dylan partying on the paddle board.
 Cute little Callen
 David going for it 
 Me having some fun

 The whole gang! Some may not be showing it, but we were all excited to be there! 
Me and Callen hanging out by the pool

David and I also had a nice little date night while by the coast. We went to a little restaurant for dinner and had a fun time on Pleasure Pier (a mini boardwalk). And our date of course included a nice long  romantic walk on the beach :) 

It was so wonderful to be by the beach again. But it was even more wonderful to be able to spend it with "almost" family and to just relax and enjoy ourselves. I am so blessed to have all these new people in my life now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment