Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lesson Learned

REGULARLY CHECK AND CHANGE YOUR OIL!
yep this is one of those hard on your pockets lessons in life. Since i bought my truck i have not checked or changed the oil. BIG mistake. so on Monday a friend was using my car to take his boat out. On the way home it sputtered like it was out of gas and DIED! not only did it die, but it died 200 yards from my house in a place where i could see it while sitting on my love seat. it was taunting me and laughing in my face. This happened on Monday and it sat on the side of the road until Wednesday morning. The reason it sat there... because i magically thought that if it stayed there it would start and i could drive it home. did that happen.. nope :( so i had to have two of my guy friends run the car home. and by run i mean push and run at the same time because we were pushing it down the Hwy. (its only a 35mph hwy). but we got enough speed to go over a curb so that i could park the car in our parking lot of broken cars. (Out of the 6 cars in our drive way only 2 are currently running. ( Cameron would be in heaven here)). So now i am trying to figure out the most cost effective way to fix her; I'm crossing my fingers that she is fixable and not going to break my little non-existent bank. So until further notice i am using a friends car until Sunday and who knows how I'm going to get to my student teaching, that i bought the car for, on Tuesday... stressing much... YEP! but i am trying to be optimistic and there is always the bus... oh joy! lessons in life teach us so much. Now i pledge to ALWAYS change my oil regularly!

1 comment: