Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A frog in the classroom

You see a lot of wild animals all around in Hawaii. I have seen roosters and chickens in the hale (dorm) courtyards, in the halls of the university, and yes... walking across the roads as well. Also we get lovely geckos that randomly show up on your windshield while you are driving down the middle of the road. Like this little guy... (true story that has happened like 3 times now!)

Well today while i was at my high school a frog decided to join the random wild animal in the wrong place festivities. But he did not join on his own accord. Of course a kid in the class who was coming back from the restroom herded the frog into the classroom to make a scene and proceeded to tell the teacher in his most innocent voice that "a frog came in the classroom". So the teacher came over as well as another boy who was going to do something with his slipper (flip flop) to the frog. Knowing that he herded it in there i did not want to give the boy the satisfaction of making a huge scene. So to create this less dramatic scene i walked over and pick up the frog to take it outside. no big deal right. WRONG! This got a big "EEWWW" from the students while i repeatedly said "its just a frog!" After the class was adamant that i went and washed my hands. This entire episode essentially resulted in me doing the complete opposite of my goal and I made a scene. And so I give my congratulations to the freshman kid who got exactly what he wanted from the frogs visit. Some apparently much needed attention and distraction from his education. Next time though....i will not be fooled again!

Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me twice...shame on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment