Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ehh Miss

So when a lot of my friends find out that I am student teaching at a high school with freshman I often get the ever so common"Ehh miss" to the extent where I will now walk down the halls of BYUH and my friends even refer to me as "ehh miss". Well it doesn't stop there. They never simply refer to me as ehh miss but also include things like, "you like go movies after class," or the ever so common "you like go get spam musubi" (if you don't know what that is click here). Well in all fun I would go with it and just laugh at my friends being dumb...

Until........

today while I was teaching a student walked in to say hi and just see whats up (which is perfectly normal for this student) and then he proceeded to ask, "eh miss, do you have a boyfriend" my response "no why? (thinking he was asking for get to know you purposes or just in case his older brother was interested or something) well that was not the case, and since I became so flustered I cannot remember his exact response but it contains these essential parts.
  • him ASKING me to go to the movies with HIM
  • Him telling me "he has game"
  • another boy who was taking his test in the corner piping in and saying how he wants to take me out too.
  • Them both being dead serious about this, neither said any sort of just kidding or naw after.
Which was then followed by me freaking out trying to act busy and not look at them while repeating the phrase "I'm too old for you, I'm too old for you" because I could think of nothing better while trying, not quite succeeding, in holding back a laugh.

Yeah that day came when I was asked out by a student, and not just one mind you! They are 14 years old MAYBE 15. AHHHHH

I had to share this hilarious moment because it still makes me chuckle! More great stories to come!

3 comments:

  1. Eh Miss! :) Well, that's what you'll get teaching in Hawaii hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having big controversies here in the California Central Valley over the issue of teachers dating and getting intimate with their students. People are going to jail over it, especially if the student is under 18 years old. It is an issue to be dealt with carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny girl!! It happens, you'll get better at fending them off. I have to admit I don't understand this whole "Eh Miss" thing?

    (re: above post - it's always been an issue & ppl have been going to jail for it for decades, definitely not anything new)

    ReplyDelete